New appointment booking system – From 21st August 2017
We would like to thank our patients for their feedback about our appointment system.
In response to patient feedback telephone consultations will no longer be the main way to book an appointment from the 21st August 2017.
The last date for telephone consultations will be Friday 19th August 2017.
In response to patient feedback we will be changing our appointments system to make it easier for patients to access services.
From the 21st August the new appointment booking system will operate as follows
- Please call the surgery on 01952 226000 or present to main reception desk
- A member of the reception/call handling team will take brief clinical details
- You will then be booked directly into the most appropriate face to face appointment with a GP or allied health professional, without having to wait for a telephone consultation call back
- Telephone consultations will still be used as a way of informing patient about test results and helping support patients with diabetes reviews etc but this will usually be initiated by the surgery rather than the patient having to initiate the process
- Telephone consultations will still be available to deal with urgent/on call GP type queries
- Face to face appointments will still be available for booking via the online booking service
- In summary telephone consultations will be still used but in the minority of cases rather than the default or majority of cases
Updating the phone system
We understand the great difficulties patients have had when calling the surgery and we are sorry that patients have been cut off multiple times when trying to connect to the surgery. The NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), RedCentric Communications and Virgin Media have committed to update our phone systems as soon as possible.
Wellington Medical Practice is the pilot site for phone system updates (we are the priority surgery of all the surgeries in Telford and Wrekin CCG). The same agencies are responsible for upgrading all the phone systems for all GP surgeries at different timescales but Wellington Medical Practice is the highest priority. As of the last update the system should be updated by the end of August but these timelines are under the control of the RedCentric and Virgin Media updating the phone lines.
Dr Ebenezer and Dr Singh have pushed hard for a soon as possible upgrade by meeting on several occasions with the CCG and the Primary Care Committee (PCC) as well as the Chief Finance Officer at the CCG who have all been very supportive in our aim to update the phone systems as soon as possible. Their ongoing support will ensure the phone service is updated as soon as possible.
We understand how important it is for patients to have an updated phone system and we thank all our patients for understanding the circumstances and continuing to be patient with the delays.