Back to News
Coronavirus - Practice Update
Posted on 12 Mar 2020
Due to ongoing coronavirus concerns and based on a in house risk assessment Wellington Medical Practice has temporarily changed the appointment/access system as follows this is to keep the coronavirus risk low for safety of patients and staff.
1) All appointments to be booked via telephone access. Please avoid queuing in the mornings and coming into reception.
2) All patients with prebooked appointments will need to use the intercom system situated at the practice entrance door to be asked screening questions for coronavirus on the day of the appointment.
Please be patient and wait for your turn. A member of our reception team will be manning the entrance door in case any help is needed.
3) Sick note requests - if you are requesting a sick note please call us after 11:00am, the call handlers will take the relevant information and your sick note will be posted out to your address. There is no need for you to come to the practice to collect it.
4) If you have received a letter from the practice requesting you make an appointment to see a Clinician to discuss results please call the practice.
5) To request repeat prescriptions you can either call Prescription Ordering Direct on 580350 or bring your repeat request into practice and put in the outside box.
Many thanks for your cooperation