New appointment booking system – From 21st August 2017
We would like to thank our patients for their feedback about our appointment system.
In response to patient feedback telephone consultations will no longer be the main way to book an appointment from the 21st August 2017.
The last date for telephone consultations will be Friday 19th August 2017.
In response to patient feedback we will be changing our appointments system to make it easier for patients to access services.
From the 21st August the new appointment booking system will operate as follows
- Please call the surgery on 01952 226000 or present to main reception desk
- A member of the reception/call handling team will take brief clinical details
- You will then be booked directly into the most appropriate face to face appointment with a GP or allied health professional, without having to wait for a telephone consultation call back
- Telephone consultations will still be used as a way of informing patient about test results and helping support patients with diabetes reviews etc but this will usually be initiated by the surgery rather than the patient having to initiate the process
- Telephone consultations will still be available to deal with urgent/on call GP type queries
- Face to face appointments will still be available for booking via the online booking service
- In summary telephone consultations will be still used but in the minority of cases rather than the default or majority of cases