Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) are a major part of our healthcare team
Please watch the videos below to learn more about our Allied Health Professionals
Patsy Clifton - Our Nurse Manager
Mellisa - Our Health Care Assistant (HCA)
Dianne - Our Health Care Assistant
Michelle - Our Community Lead Practitioner
Mewesh - Our Practice Based Prescribing Pharmacist
Dr Dez Ebenezer - GP Managing Partner
Thank you for your feedback
New appointment booking system – From 21st August 2017
We would like to thank our patients for their feedback about our appointment system.
In response to patient feedback telephone consultations will no longer be the main way to book an appointment from the 21st August 2017.
The last date for telephone consultations will be Friday 19th August 2017.
In response to patient feedback we will be changing our appointments system to make it easier for patients to access services.
From the 21st August the new appointment booking system will operate as follows
- Please call the surgery on 01952 226000 or present to main reception desk
- A member of the reception/call handling team will take brief clinical details
- You will then be booked directly into the most appropriate face to face appointment with a GP or allied health professional, without having to wait for a telephone consultation call back
- Telephone consultations will still be used as a way of informing patient about test results and helping support patients with diabetes reviews etc but this will usually be initiated by the surgery rather than the patient having to initiate the process
- Telephone consultations will still be available to deal with urgent/on call GP type queries
- Face to face appointments will still be available for booking via the online booking service
- In summary telephone consultations will be still used but in the minority of cases rather than the default or majority of cases
About Wellington Medical Practice
Wellington Medical Practice serves a patient population of approximately 14,700 patients.
From the 1st of April 2017 the practice has been led by five GP partners.
The five clinical partners who are all experienced GPs are
Dr T O’Brien Dr D Ebenezer Dr N Singh Dr J Ebenezer Dr R Kaur
With the help of our experienced reception and admin staff as well as our treatment room team we aim to provide a high level of care to our patients
A full summary of your healthcare team at Wellington Medical Practice can be found on ‘The Team’ tab above.
Our guiding principles as a practice are summarised below
For our patients
The right care at the right time
We aim to deliver safe and fair healthcare for our patients at the appropriate time based on medical need. This will involve the use of telephone consultations to better understand patients’ medical needs so the delivery of care can be prioritised.
· Working together with patients to deliver a holistic health service
This means we may not always prescribe a drug. Tablets are only part of the treatment for most medical problems. We will guide patients to other resources or sources of help and will work closely with other organisations to support our patients.
· Promoting self-care
We aim to helping patients better understand their conditions through support so patients have confidence with their medical problems. This is especially important for long term conditions like Diabetes and High blood pressure. It is equally important for self-limiting problems like viral illnesses.
For our staff
· Every member of staff at Wellington Medical Practice is a healthcare provider, not just our doctors
Our reception and admin team are as important as our clinical team.
Our reception and administrative team have been involved in our new patient care pathways, have shared patient experiences with the clinicians to help improve care and have been a major part in recent changes to the services to deliver better patient care.
Likewise health care is delivered by our administrative team without whom services would not be able to function.
Our nurses and our health care assistant teams deliver high quality care and services as detailed in the ‘Services’ page above.
· We support our staff in a happy work environment so they can support our patients
We value our staff and will help each other deliver effective health care. We will also ensure our practice is a friendly, safe and supportive atmosphere to work in.
For our future NHS
· We will encourage and train the next generation of health care providers
We will continue to train medical students, junior doctors, GP trainees as well as nurses and other members of the clinical team.
We would like to thank our patients who see our medical students and trainees as it will help train the next generation of health care providers.
We will continue to train our reception and admin staff to continue to deliver high quality health care for our patients.